There are many great options if you need mortgage assistance with your home.
|DOD Homeowners Assistance Program (HAP)
||Go to: HAP Website|
| The Department of Defense Homeowners Assistance Program assists eligible homeowners who
face financial loss when selling their primary residence homes in areas where real estate values
have declined because of a base closure or realignment announcement. If you are unsure if you qualify,
apply anyway for a formal determination. Eligibility:|
- There has to be an announcement of a base closing or realignment action which affects your community.
- A determination must be made that real estate values have dropped as a direct result of the base
closing or realignment announcement.
- Applicant must be a military servicer member or federal civilian employee assigned at or near the
installation announced for closure or realignment.
|VA Home Loan Guaranty
||Go to: Home Loans Home|
| Veterans who have completed 24 months of continuous active duty and have
been discharged under conditions other than dishonorable, or who are currently service on active duty or
in the National Guard or the Reserves, or are honorably discharged from these components, are eligible for
guaranteed loans to purchase, repair, or refinance a home.|
- Based on purchase price and local limits a down payment may not be required.
- Eligibility is also extended to a person who has not remarried (surviving spouses).
- Periods of required service are less for Veterans of earlier wartime service.
- United States Code: 38 USC 3702T
- Contact VA Regional Office at 800-729-5772
|Ohio Heroes Program
||State of Ohio
||Go to: Ohio Heroes
| The Ohio Housing Finance Agency offers all benefits of their first time
home buyer program to Ohio's heroes at an interest rate that is approximately 1/4% lower than the going
interest rate. Operated by the Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA). Frequently Asked Questions are
answered at Ohio Housing
Finance Agency (OHFA) FAQs. Eligibility:|
- Be Active Military, Active Reserve, or a Veteran.
- Meet the income and sales price limits.
- Be a first time home buyer (have not owned in the last three years).
- Qualify for the loan requested and have a signed Purchase and Sales Agreement.
- Ohio firefighters, EMTs, paramedics, health care workers, police officers, and teachers are
- Contact: 888-362-6432
|Save the Dream Ohio
||State of Ohio
||Go to: Save The Dream|
| The Ohio Hardest-Hit Fund (HHF) Program helps Ohio homeowners struggling
to make their monthly house payments or those that have already fallen behind in their mortgage.
Through the program, the Ohio Housing Finance Agency )OHFA) will administer federal foreclosure
funding to help families dealing with a permanent or temporary loss of income to avoid foreclosure.
Includes Rescue Payment Assistance, Partial Mortgage Payment Assistance, Modification Assistance
with Principal Reduction, and Transitional Assistance. Eligibility:|
- Homeowners who have experienced a financial hardship and are currently at-risk of mortgage default or foreclosure.
- Contact: 888-404-4674
|Making Homes Affordable
||Go to: MHA Website|
| Programs Include:
- FHA Short Refinance Options
- Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP)
- Home Affordable Modification Program
- Second Lien Modification Program
- Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives
- Home Affordable Unemployment Program
This page last updated on 03/27/14.
Please send website questions to the Webmaster,
and Help Requests to Open Arms,
You'll always find our helping hands at www.openarmsalways.org