OHIO VETERANS BONUSES
As a veteran of the American Armed Forces in the modern era,
you may qualify to be a part of a nearly $200 million bonus plan funded right here in
the state of Ohio! If you served in the Iraq or Afghanistan war eras, you should
examine this program. This is not charity or a handout...this is a sincere thank you
for your service! You must have served in the following time frames:
Eligibility requirements are:
- Iraq Era - These bonuses require service sometime between Aug. 2, 1990,
through December 31, 2014. Deadline to file is Dec. 31, 2014.
- Afghanistan Era – Your eligibility period covers October, 2001, to an end
time yet to be determined until the conflict's official conclusion.
Facts on the Bonuses:
- You must have been Ohio residents when entering the service AND when applying
- You also must have served at least 90 days of active duty - excluding training
- in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, Ohio National Guard, or reserves.
If you want to join in the program, bonus applications are avilable online at:
or at any of the 88 county Veteran Services Commission offices. You may also call
1-877-OHIOVET. Thank you for your service!
- Bonuses are open to all eligible Ohio veterans for the compensated periods,
regardless of where they served, though those serving in specified war zones
would receive higher bonuses.
- Family members of those killed in action or who died from injuries or
disease resulting from service in specified war zones could receive up
- Eligible veterans may receive $100 for each month spent on active duty
in the compensated periods, up to a maximum of $1,000 for specified
- Eligible veterans on active duty, excluding training, serving anywhere else
during those times may receive $50 a month up to a maximum of $500. Veterans may
receive a bonus of up to $1,500 for all eligible service during the compensated